Peter Galbraith Afghanistan Elections Interview
Sarwar Kashmeri, a nonresident senior fellow with the Atlantic Council's International Security Program, has inaugurated the New Atlanticist Podcast series with an interview with Ambassador Peter Galbraith on the Afghanistan election crisis. Galbraith believes Afghan President Hamid Karzai has been permanently tainted by the fraud in the initial contest and argues that the issue of Karzai's legitimacy must have an impact on U.S. and allied decision-making going forward in Afghanistan.
- Afghanistan Report: A Ten-Year Framework for the Future
- Pakistan Report: Comprehensive U.S. Policy Needed
- Saving Afghanistan: An Appeal and Plan for Urgent Action
Related Analysis and Commentary:
- Galbraith Fired, Refused to Hide Afghanistan Election Fraud
- Afghanistan Election: Now What?
- Shaukat Aziz Calls for Multi-Party Dialogue in Afghanistan
- Stakes are Higher in Pakistan than Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: Barriers to State Building
- Rasmussen: "Things Are Going to Have to Change" in Afghanistan
- Obama Having Buyer's Remorse in Afghanistan?
- Afghanistan: Barriers to Success
- NATO Can Survive Afghanistan Failure
- Afghanistan, Vietnam, and the Limits of Force
- Why Do the Afghans Need Our Help?
- Afghanistan: Putting Lipstick on a Pig
- Afghanistan Election Winner
- Rasmussen: Afghanistan NATO's Top Priority
Photo courtesy BBC.