November 6, 2017
Unlocking US- India Trade Potential Conference
By Nidhi Upadhyaya
The conference addressed topics such as trade facilitation, ease of doing business in India, special economic zones, infrastructure, smart cities, intellectual property rights, development of information and communication technology, and global economic trends. Prominent speakers at the conference included Mr. Nandan Nilekani, Dr. Paula Stern, Consul General Robert Burgess, Mr. Philip Shaw, Mr. Michael Koch, Dr. Rupa Chanda, Mr. Bobby Majumder, Dr. Robert F. Ichord, Mr. Siddharth Roy and Ms. Sharmila Barathan among others.
By identifying factors that may impede increased trade and developing potential solutions to overcome these challenges, the conference managed to help the two countries reach new heights in their trade relations.
Watch the highlights of the conference here:
1) Opening Remarks by Dr. Bharath Gopalaswamy
2) Welcome Remarks by Dr. Mukesh Aghi
3) Remarks by U.S Consul General Robert Burgess
4) The Honorable Paula Stern on US Trade Policy: A First-Person Account
5) Keynote Speech by Mr. Nandan Nilekani
6) The Honorable Dr. Paula Stern and Mr. Nandan Nilekani in Conversation with Ms. Maya Mirchandani