Last Updated: January 31, 2018
About the Strategic Foresight Forum
Registration for the Strategic Foresight Forum is now closed.
Building on last year’s highly successful conference Global Trends 2030: US Leadership in a Post-Western World, organized in partnership with the US National Intelligence Council and covered by more than thirty national and international media outlets, the Atlantic Council’s Foresight, Strategy, and Risks Initiative is reconvening top policymakers, business leaders, technologists, and global thinkers to engage in cross-sectoral, dynamic conversations on key phenomena to unfold in the future.
This year’s forum will focus on four topics: the upcoming food-water-energy crisis; the risks and opportunities emerging from the bio-ICT convergence; the rise of the second economy and its effects on global unemployment; and the increasing role of mega-cities as political actors moving forward. The final panel will look at strategy options to reach desired future scenarios.
The full agenda is available here.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Richard Danzig, Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, RAND Corporation; Director, Saffron Hill Ventures
- Espen Barth Eide, former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Norway
- Peter Ho, Senior Advisor, Centre for Strategic Futures, Republic of Singapore
- James L. Jones Jr., President and Founder, Jones Group International; Chairman, Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Atlantic Council
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist, MIT Center for Digital Business
- Saskia Sassen, Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology, Columbia University
- Jigar Shah, Founder, Jigar Shah Consulting; Partner, Inerjys
- Anne Marie Slaughter, President and CEO, New America Foundation
- And more...check here for the full list of speakers