The Atlantic Council seeks a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial individual to support the planning and production of live events in a professional broadcast-quality event studio as well as private convenings with diplomats, senior officials, and global leaders. The ideal candidate will have experience producing in-person, hybrid, and virtual events.
The successful candidate must communicate effectively, and enjoy the fast-paced teamwork, under the pressure of a global audience. The position requires a superior ability to multitask with a record of coordinating projects and events across multiple departments, excellent administrative and communication skills, superior writing ability, attention to detail, positive attitude, and knowledge of diplomatic protocol rules. The qualified candidate will manage onsite, offsite, and virtual events in order to ensure smooth operations and a consistently high level of quality. They will work closely with program staff in the planning of events and act as a liaison between the Events Team and programs and centers. They will work directly with senior global figures and executive leadership to ensure that each event is produced at the highest levels along with a superior degree of hospitality, confidence, and organization. The candidate will play an important role in global flagship conferences and galas as well.
The Atlantic Council offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Coordinate onsite, offsite, and virtual events, including coordinating VIP arrivals, departures, security measures, guest management, and AV coordination.
- Advise on production and visuals for live events that translate to high-quality broadcast productions.
- Brief speakers and assist with staging re-sets, seating assignments, as well as event timing.
- Draft event material such as speaker invitations, event invitations, speaker talking points, and additional writing assignments, as necessary.
- Prepare briefing memos and proposals.
- Support global flagship events when necessary, including production, travel logistics, VIP managements, etc. as necessary.
- Coordinate with the Executive Office on VIP attendees (Heads of State, government officials, ambassadors and other members of the diplomatic corp, CEOs, Board of Directors) to ensure they are received and managed with respect to protocol and other requirements.
- Prepare event budgets and manages vendor relationships, including caterers, florists, etc.
- Negotiate contracts for offsite event venues and vendors.
- Work with security details of domestic and foreign government officials to coordinate holding rooms, private entrance and exit points, and additional security measures.
- Assist the Events Team in the performing administrative tasks, when necessary.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of professional event experience in a related field are required.
- Interest in transatlantic relations and/or the core mission of the Atlantic Council.
- Research and writing skills in the areas of international relations.
- Superior communication skills; candidate must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of staff and senior diplomatic officials.
- Ability to represent the Atlantic Council to external constituencies, such as senior officials, board members, donors, and individual and corporate members.
- Excellent organizational, logistical, and administrative skills.
- Ability to travel internationally; overseas experience is preferred.
- Foreign language is preferred.
- Ability to work irregular hours and evenings.
- B.A. degree required.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.