The Associate Director, Annual Giving and Membership will work with the Director, Global Atlantic Council Campaign to develop and implement strategic plans for annual giving, activation of individual members and prospective members within the Council’s database, as well as stewardship and recruitment for the Councilors Program, a constituent group with members giving $5,000+ annually.
The employee will help organize, manage, and conduct outreach and engagement with individuals; steward membership relationships, and execute event deliverables for members. In addition to working with the Director, Global Atlantic Council Campaign, the employee will also work with other Office of External Relations team members and with counterparts throughout the Council.
A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, communicate effectively, and enjoy the complexity of building new and rapidly growing programs. The candidate should preferably possess a strong understanding of donor relations and database management through professional experience and academic work. The position requires a strong record of organization, excellent administrative and communication skills, attention to detail, and a proven aptitude to manage day-to-day logistical aspects of the department.
- Working with Director, Global Atlantic Council Campaign, create an Individual Membership budget and strategy.
- Produces papers and marketing documents, paying close attention to accuracy, quality, and timing.
- Assists with solicitations and appeals to mass virtual audiences as part of Annual Giving campaigns
- Organizes and executes events for donors (roughly 1-2 per quarter), including invitation sending, RSVP tracking, speaker invitations, agenda creation, and post-event follow up.
- Conducts prospect research, including developing and executing strategies to both recruit and orient new members, and to also renew members.
- Assists with donor stewardship and conducts introductory calls with new donors and applies knowledge to strategically match donor interests with the Council’s work.
- Sends follow-up correspondence, pledge reminders, and invoices to donors.
- Tracks individual membership donations, solicitation stages, deliverables, and metrics.
- Assists in planning and facilitating high-level donor and prospect meetings, including preparing meeting agendas, documents, and other necessary materials.
- Creates an agenda and leads weekly calls with Councilors Program Co-Chairs.
- Conduct annual giving analysis.
- Help to update constituent records prior to email communications, including campaign letters, invitations, and more in the Pardot email marketing system.
- Coordinates quarterly newsletters to donors.
- Serve as main Atlantic Council point of contact for members.
- Assist with database adjustments, maintenance, and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Oversee timely donor acknowledgments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years in a fundraising environment, or comparable experience
- Experience and daily usage of a CRM, Salesforce strongly preferred
- Experience working with an email marketing system, Pardot preferred
- Experience with mass e-mail membership appeals preferred
- Commitment to the Atlantic Council mission and interest in international affairs
- Desire to learn, develop new skills, and build development experience
- Proactive; takes initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Team player, with the ability to work with all levels of staff and external partners
- Highly organized, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills
- Well-versed in Excel and financial report building
Please note: Atlantic Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.