Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Events
The Atlantic Council seeks a talented, customer service oriented and entrepreneurial Audiovisual Manager to manage the audiovisual for events with the Council’s thirteen programs and centers to ensure a cohesive aesthetic for Council productions. The Audiovisual Manager will communicate with all AV contractors on how to best achieve our technical objectives, including all branding, design, and visual elements. The scope of work will include annual flagship and global events, such as the Distinguished Leadership Awards, Global Citizen Awards, 360/OS Summit, Abu Dhabi Global Energy Forum, and other major events as well as support for 250+ in-house events per year requiring AV. This position requires a firm understanding in audiovisual equipment, event production, visual aesthetics, and project management. The Audiovisual Manager will work closely with the Senior Audiovisual Manager and in collaboration with each event manager to achieve the event’s objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the search for AV contractors and ensure the Council’s desired technical goals are met.
- Coordinate with event staff on AV contracts, content management, and other consultation throughout the event process as needed.
- Support event managers on AV contracts following events to ensure all charges are in order and invoices are paid.
- Support flagship event manager to arrange all production elements including but not limited to: stage construction, lighting design, audio, video, translation, teleprompters.
- Execute technical run of show for flagship events.
- Run technical rehearsals with event production team.
Audio Visual System
- Test and operate and manage a comprehensive digital audiovisual system for four conference spaces in HQ and offsite as needed.
- Work with our Senior Audiovisual manager to maintain a high-level of execution for the 250+ in-house events per year.
- Communicate with the event manager and responsible program member on AV needs for all events.
- Operate audio mixer and ensure microphones are placed on speakers/presenters.
- Record and monitor livestream feed throughout event.
- Implement basic knowledge of stage and 3-point lighting systems.
- Operate projectors and screens for presentations and/or live remote feeds.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and schedule repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Manage variety of vendors for livestreaming, translation, production depending on size and scope of event.
- Test and monitor connections with outside users on Zoom, Skype, Google Hangout, and other platforms.
- Update content on two tickers and four screens in HQ lobby using cloud-based software.
- Operate robotic cameras and video switcher to record events and output for livestreaming (experience with broadcast and DSLR camera operation and maintenance helpful).
- When applicable, format event videos and/or other vendor content immediately following events or editing and posting on AC website and social media platforms.
Branding and Design
- Design or work with design vendors to create branded products and/or create the desired atmosphere and overall visual for events.
- Offer creative advice to designers when creating logos and visuals for new events to maintain brand integrity.
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant work experience with audiovisual management
- B.A. degree required, communications, technical or related field highly desired
- Experience with the following systems, platforms and programs preferred: Crestron, Adobe Creative Suite, Wirecast, SnapStream, Zoom, and YouTube.
- Experience in audio, lighting, or video operation
- Basic knowledge of livestreaming
- Basic Windows and Mac trouble-shooting skills strongly desired
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly-changing environment
- Attention to detail with ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge in graphic design
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills
- Excellent and proven customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team across the organization
- Multi-cultural experience, background and interest in international affairs and policy desired
The position is located in Washington, DC, and requires participation in evening events. International travel may be included. The Atlantic Council offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.