Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Communications
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic individual to join our team. The Deputy Director, Branding & Marketing will be an important player in the Atlantic Council’s growth plans and will help guide the next exciting stage in our development.
This is a new area of focus for us, focusing explicitly on marketing and brand as part of our rapidly expanding communications, development and events efforts. We intend to rethink how we project our brand, how we coordinate our advertising and promotional efforts, and how we use our communications platforms both to work with our supporters and to generate new revenue streams. This individual will have the responsibility to help the Council to rethink its brand, roll out our strategy, and execute it in new ways that tie together our relationships and communities.
- Brand. Working with the VP of Communications and senior management, manage a rebranding effort across the Council, including scoping, planning with external consultants, stakeholder management, and execution. Serve as the guardian of the brand internally, working with designers and other colleagues.
- Marketing collateral. Define, write and direct the design of digital and printed marketing materials and manage production and distribution.
- Sponsorship marketing strategy and planning. Work with the Communications team and development colleagues to define our objectives in the area of sponsorship, create a program and work with prospects to develop new revenue streams.
- Advertising and promotion. Liaise with our programs and the development team to coordinate our advertising and brand promotion. Work with all parts of the organization to make a more cohesive program in this emerging area. Develop partnerships and agreements.
- 5-7 years’ experience in marketing, preferably with a trade association, professional services company or related organization. Agency experience is also useful.
- An energetic and resilient personality that is well-suited to a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Specific experience in brand management and rebranding.
- Good writing skills, specifically in copywriting.
- Creativity and a high degree of organization skills
- Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking; ability to understand and use relevant information about market issues and audience interests
- Strong skills in Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with relevant design software preferred (InDesign, PhotoShop, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, business or design.
Please note: Atlantic Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.