Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
Job Category: Human Resources
The Atlantic Council is seeking a talented, energetic and motivated HR Specialist to manage the Council’s Human Resources function under the guidance and direction of the Human Resources Director of Employee Engagement.
S/he will play a lead role in managing the Council’s onboarding process, benefits administration, and HR administration. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about human resources and has experience working in a fast-paced HR department providing support to a mission-driven organization.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively, thrive in the fast-paced environment, be capable of successfully managing the high-level multitasking challenges of a busy and dynamic HR department. The candidate must be discreet, collegial, reliable, exceptionally organized, and ideally, have an interest in nonprofit, foreign policy or international affairs.
- Manage first day onboarding processes for all new employees, including presenting and processing paperwork, administering benefits, coordinating with the program/center staff, meeting with new employees on their first day, etc.;
- Process all paperwork in Paychex ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately (i.e. I-9, tax forms);
- Manage employee off-boarding tasks for departing staff and complete Exiting Checklist; terminate employees in all systems;
- Track all employee changes for each pay period; prepare Payroll Folder and HR Summary; Process employee changes in Paychex People;
- Present Benefits paperwork to all new Employees, answering questions as required;
- Manage end-to-end benefits processing and for all Employees including CareFirst, UNUM, TIAA-CREF, and COBRA, updating changes in respective systems;
- Complete annual Paychex ESR;
- Manage TIAA-CREF spreadsheets; 403B audit.
- Manage STD/LTD claims processing through UNUM;
- Manage FMLA process of notification, leave tracking, required communication;
- Manage Annual Open Enrollment processed with CareFirst, United Concordia, GeoBlue, and FSA; ensure Annual Plan Documents and SBC’s are updated to ensure compliance; send notifications of SBCs to employees;
- Manage all HR systems (Paychex, CareFirst, UNUM, United Concordia).
- Bachelor’s Degree; PHR certification preferred;
- 4-6 years’ applicable experience in Human Resources or a combination of HR and related field/experience;
- Experience with Paychex Payroll and HR system preferred;
- Experience with HR Information Systems;
- Excellent organizational skills and experience multitasking;
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization from interns to executives;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Superior internet research skills with the ability to take initiative on projects;
- Professional telephone presence and interpersonal skills.