Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Job Category: Staff
The Atlantic Council seeks a professional, energetic, and reliable Office Coordinator to provide administrative and operational support to the Office of Finance and Operations. The Office Coordinator will be the main point of contact for our office administration needs.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively, perform general administrative tasks, and enjoy a fast-paced, diverse, and international culture. They will take initiative and be able to multi-task. The position requires a previous history of excellent administrative and communication skills.
- Assist with administrative functions for finance, administration, operations, human resources, information technology, and security team.
- Work closely with the operations team to assist with COVID-19 protocols and screening platforms for staff and visitors.
- Support operations team in management of newly implemented workspace reservation platform.
- Coordinate institutional mobile device program and support softphone service.
- Manage inventory and restock of office supplies, reception area, supply rooms, conference rooms, staff café, and kitchen.
- Maintain records and databases with vendor contact info, annual contracts, invoices, purchases and other data.
- Submit timely expense reports.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of mail and shipping services (USPS, FedEx, UPS, couriers).
- Liaise with building management for maintenance and office-related matters as needed.
- Provide back up for the Receptionist as needed; greet and direct visitors in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Support the Office of Finance and Operations with other administrative projects, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Minimum 1-2 years of customer service and/or administrative experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong, demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Excellent organizational, logistical, and administrative skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Position is not eligible for remote work as duties require physical presence at the office.
- Interest in international relations or international policy is a plus.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.