Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority Level: Entry
Job Category: Staff
The Atlantic Council seeks a motivated and creative individual to serve as a full- time Program Assistant in its Eurasia Center. The Program Assistant will support the Eurasia Center’s programming activities related to Ukraine, Russia, and the wider region, with an active role in organizing the Center’s conferences and events and supporting its communications work.
The successful candidate should thrive balancing multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and have strong administrative skills and superior attention to detail. The Program Assistant will assist in developing social media campaigns and product promotion strategies for the Eurasia Center’s work. They will support efforts to generate positive attention for the Center’s publications, events, and policy initiatives through the use of traditional and new media, marketing of events and publications.
The ideal candidate will have experience with website maintenance, e-mail marketing, and a background or serious interest in foreign policy and the Eurasia region. They will provide strategic leadership and operational and administrative support for all facets of communications-related activities for the Eurasia Center.
They will report to the Senior Director of the Eurasia Center, through the Deputy Director and the Center’s Associate Director, and will also coordinate their work with the Atlantic Council’s Engagement team.
- With the Associate Director, organize, support, and execute in-person, hybrid, and virtual events including major, multi-day conferences and smaller public and private events, both domestic and abroad.
- Draft, proofread, edit, and as needed, publish internal and external materials and correspondence including the UkraineAlert blog, speaker invitations, event materials, briefing memos, proposals, and other documents necessary for the implementation of program activities.
- Create promotional and informational graphics for print and social media.
- Assist with engaging social media, news media, and Atlantic Council platforms to amplify the work of the Eurasia Center’s expertise, publications, events, and initiatives to various transatlantic audiences including the general public, policy community, and relevant local audiences in Eurasia.
- Support the Eurasia Center’s UkraineAlert editor and fellows in editing and publishing blogs, selecting photos, tracking readership, and other tasks as assigned.
- Publish, manage, and update event pages, Eurasia Center expert pages, live-streams, and other video products.
- Design digital reports and issue briefs for publication natively on the Atlantic Council website and develop PDF layouts for reports as needed.
- Design and maintain Center and initiative marketing collateral in coordination with Engagement team.
- Track website, newsletter, and video viewership analytics and provide recommendations to increase engagement.
- Ensure Center presence on the Atlantic Council website is regularly updated and conforms to AC style, including staff and nonresident fellow bios, Center and initiative pages.
- Proactively seek out ways to improve Center presence on the website and leverage tools new to the AC website platform.
- 1 or more years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Additional relevant language skills are an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience or serious interest in Ukraine and the Eurasia region is a plus.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Experience multitasking and prioritizing multiple concurrent time-sensitive projects.
- Website management experience, preferably in WordPress, and familiarity with content design and layout. HTML and Google Analytics experience preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in graphic design with an understanding of core graphic design principles.
- Familiarity working with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite to create content that adheres to branding standards, Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere Pro (or Rush) experience preferred.
- Experience with email marketing, including distribution list management and email design.
- Flexible, creative, solution-driven, and positive in approaching challenges and problems.
The Eurasia Center’s mission is to enhance transatlantic cooperation in promoting stability, democratic values and prosperity in Eurasia, from Eastern Europe and Turkey in the West to the Caucasus, Russia and Central Asia in the East.
All Atlantic Council employees are required to adhere to the Atlantic Council’s vaccination policy. All Atlantic Council employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted, and they must submit proof of both vaccination and Covid-19 booster shot on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement through human resources and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.