The Atlantic Council seeks an inquisitive, nonprofit development professional to help drive the development operations work of an expanding fundraising operation supporting global policy programs. The Program Assistant is an integral member of the development department, focusing on day-to-day gift processing with additional responsibilities in support of the development policies and processes. The Program Assistant also works with programs/centers at the Council, assisting with database training and collaborating with program staff on incoming contributions.
A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, communicate effectively, and enjoy the complexity of building a new and rapidly growing program. The candidate should preferably possess a strong understanding of donor relations and data entry through professional experience and academic work. The position requires a strong record of organization, excellent administrative and communication skills, attention to detail, and a proven aptitude to manage day-to-day logistical aspects of the department.
- Update and maintain constituent records in the constituent relationship management system (CRM).
- Contribute to database clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Contribute to donor metrics and analysis, including generating donation reports.
- Oversee day-to-day gift operations, including tracking and processing gifts, and reconciling payments.
- Coordinate timely donor acknowledgments.
- Complete donor-related documentation and maintain an organized filing system.
- Assist with regular staff and intern training on CRM management.
- Promote CRM usage across the Council.
- Assist with the creation of the Annual Report, including compiling the Honor Roll of Contributors.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years in a fundraising environment, or comparable experience
- Experience and daily usage of a CRM, Salesforce strongly preferred
- Commitment to the Atlantic Council mission and interest in international affairs
- Desire to learn, develop new skills, and build development experience
- Proactive, takes initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Team player, with the ability to work with all levels of staff and external partners
- Highly organized, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills
- Well-versed in Excel
Please note: Atlantic Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.