Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Category: GeoEconomics Center
The Atlantic Council seeks a talented organizer, thinker, designer, and communicator for a full-time Program Assistant position to serve in its GeoEconomics Center. The Program Assistant will work alongside a small team developing and managing the broad mission and work streams of the Center.
Reporting to the Center’s Director, the Program Assistant’s responsibilities will be dedicated to supporting the Center’s ambitious programming agenda across all topic areas. The Program Assistant will conduct administrative and research tasks to coordinate a broad range of events alongside the Center’s staff. A significant component of the Program Assistant’s responsibilities will be focused on data visualization. In coordination with the Center’s staff, the Program Assistant will help infographics using data visualization and research skills.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, communicate effectively, and enjoy the complexity of helping to build a rapidly growing program. The candidate should have some background in economics with an interest in foreign affairs. The position requires a strong aptitude for organizing programs and events, strong social media skills, excellent administrative and communication skills, superior writing ability, extraordinary attention to detail, and a proven aptitude to manage day-to-day logistics of a fast-paced Center.
The successful candidate for this position will be committed to the Atlantic Council’s core mission to renew the Atlantic community for global challenge. A successful candidate may also have particular interest in, and/or experience with, finding multilateral solutions to today’s most pressing global economic challenges. Finally, the desired candidate will have a desire to excel in the position and advance in the organization. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The Atlantic Council seeks applicants with diverse backgrounds and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Support the organization and execution of GeoEconomics Center events; liaising with the office of external relations and other relevant programs, coordinating travel arrangements as needed, and helping to prepare briefing material for guests coming to Washington and for trips abroad;
- Manage director’s calendar, scheduling calls, meetings, and frequent travel;
- Conduct research as needed to support Center activities; including briefings on current events, key stakeholders, and emerging issues;
- Help lead the data visualization component of the work and assist with research tasks;
- Assist in the supervision and management of Center interns;
- Support in implementing the communications and promotion strategy around core events and programming, including social media crafting and promotion, multimedia, website management, and follow up;
- Perform research and proposal writing tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in economics, finance, international relations, public policy, or other relevant fields;
- 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability in project management with exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability in event organization, coordination, and execution;
- Data visualization and graphic design skills and/or experience are highly desired;
- Demonstrated ability to interpret large data sets;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work well in a team and to communicate effectively with others ranging from interns to high-level government and business leaders in the United States and abroad;
- Self-starter and results-oriented individual who can meet tight deadlines and work in an ever-changing environment;
- Interest in geoeconomics, international trade, fiscal & monetary policy, and future of the global economic architecture;
- Superior English language writing skills and analytical ability. Foreign language proficiency favorably considered, but not necessary;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; photo-editing, web-editing, and social media skills are highly desired;
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Pardot, and/or Mailchimp (or other similar) customer and email management systems is a plus.
About the GeoEconomics Center
The GeoEconomics Center is committed to the mission of developing a rich set of programs and thought leadership at the intersection of economics, finance, and foreign policy. The Center aims to bridge the divide between these oft-siloed sectors and be a translation hub, with the goal of helping shape a better global economic future. The US must lead with allies or risk becoming a bystander in a splintering global economy. At a time of global economic recession and fractured US politics, this mission has never been more important. The Center is organized around three core pillars: 1) The Future of Capitalism; 2) The Future of Money; and 3) The Economic Statecraft Initiative.
Please note: Atlantic Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.