The Atlantic Council seeks a talented, dynamic, and entrepreneurial individual for a full-time Program Assistant position to serve in its Global Energy Center. Reporting to the Center’s Director, the Program Assistant’s main responsibility will include providing staff support for Center management: including research, administrative, and logistical assistance to support the Center’s regular events and ambitious programming agenda. In particular, the Program Assistant will support the Center’s annual Global Energy Forum in Abu Dhabi and related programming.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, superb communication skills, and enjoy the complexity of helping to build a rapidly growing program. The candidate should have a background in energy and environmental studies, political science, international relations, economics, history, area studies, or a related field. Interest and/or experience in the Middle East will also be given special consideration. The position requires excellent administrative and communication skills, superior writing ability, extraordinary attention to detail, and a proven aptitude to make sound judgments, assume responsibility and work independently in a fast-paced Center with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
The successful candidate for this position will be committed to the Atlantic Council’s core mission to renew the Atlantic community for global challenges and Global Energy Center’s commitment to help the United States and its partners take the lead in navigating the challenges of the changing global energy landscape. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The Atlantic Council seeks applicants with diverse backgrounds and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Provide administrative support for the organization and execution of Global Energy Center vents and programming; liaise with the office of external relations and other relevant programs at the Atlantic Council; coordinate travel arrangements as needed; and help to prepare briefing material for guests coming to Washington and for Global Energy Center trips abroad.
- This position will bear specific responsibility this year to supporting the Global Energy Center’s programming around the 26th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 26) in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Conduct research as needed to support Center projects and activities, including briefings on current events, key stakeholders, and emerging issues.
- Provide administrative support to the Global Energy Center Director, including the handling of scheduling requests/calendar organization and inbox management.
Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum in Abu Dhabi
- Support the organization and execution of the Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum in Abu Dhabi, in particular:
- Manage and coordinate invitations to speakers and participants, including travel logistics.
- Work closely with the Atlantic Council events team to coordinate logistics related to the event, including but not limited to venue arrangement, side event organization, and participant accommodations.
- Support the build-out and management of the event app/virtual platform Socio in the lead-up/during the event.
- Support the development and execution of the Forum agenda.
- Manage the Forum website.
- Assist with moderator and speaker briefings.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in energy and environmental studies, political science, international relations, economics, history, area studies, or other relevant fields.
- Superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work well in a team and to communicate effectively with others ranging from interns to government and business leaders in the United States and abroad.
- Interest in geopolitics, energy policy, energy security, and climate policy.
- Experience in organizing and staging events is highly desired.
- Exceptional English language writing skills and analytical ability. Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; photo-editing, web-editing, and social media skills are highly desired.
About the Program
The Global Energy Center promotes energy security by working alongside government, industry, civil society, and public stakeholders to devise pragmatic solutions to the geopolitical, sustainability, and economic challenges of the changing global energy landscape.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. #strongwithallies