Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Category: Staff
The Engagement Team is a critical part of the Atlantic Council, running its events, managing publications, supporting the website and digital media and driving its work with media, programs and centers, and key stakeholders in the worlds of policy and politics.
The Engagement Team’s Project Coordinator will be a “traffic manager” who ensures that all requests for events and communications products are received, go to the correct teams, that the work is completed in a timely and effective way, and that invoices and billing are completed.
They are responsible for making sure that staff are on task and projects are meeting deadlines, handling the logistics and keeping everyone updated on progress or difficulties. The primary focus will be to make sure that the pipeline for the projects is moving quickly and efficiently for the benefit of both programs and centers and the Engagement team and flagging issues.
This is a critical role in supporting one of the most active, capable, rapidly-growing teams in Washington DC and helping it achieve its best. The person who takes it on will be at the center of some of our most exciting, fast-moving, public-facing and relevant work. They will need to be flexible, energetic, goal-focused and responsible.
- Manage the project management system and its launch (system yet to be chosen- Asana or similar).
- Handle project intake, ensuring that all details are correctly input and received.
- Ensure that teams take on new projects, depending on their availability and priorities, by working between Engagement and its “customers”.
- Create schedules and set deadlines for stages of a project.
- Meet with centers to learn more about new project details and give progress updates on existing projects, communicating any issues and obstacles.
- Maintain work files and metrics and distribute monthly metrics internally.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure they are on contract, and that invoices get correctly entered and paid.
- Monitor team effort, bandwidth, and work with team leads to load-level for high priority projects
- 3- 5 years of experience working in a similar role.
- PMP certified is a plus but not required.
- Expertise in Asana (or another similar project management system).
- Expert at communicating with multiple channels simultaneously, multitasking and flexible management of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to create and drive team process
- Experience with budgets is helpful but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Power Point, Excel; Adobe Creative Cloud, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, positive attitude
All Atlantic Council employees are required to adhere to the Atlantic Council’s vaccination policy. All Atlantic Council employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted, and they must submit proof of both vaccination and Covid-19 booster shot on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement through human resources and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.