Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority Level: Entry
Job Category: Staff
The Atlantic Council seeks a professional, energetic, and reliable Receptionist to perform reception responsibilities, welcome visitors, and provide administrative support to the Office of Finance and Operations. The Receptionist will be the first point of contact for our organization and the main representative that our guests will encounter when visiting our office. The successful candidate will communicate effectively, remain engaged and organized as they support staff with general administrative tasks, and enjoy a fast-paced, diverse, and international culture. They will take initiative and be able to multi-task. The position requires a previous history of excellent administrative and communication skills.
This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters. This is an on-site position due to the nature of the role.
- Greet and direct visitors in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Professionally administer all incoming calls and direct the caller to the appropriate staff member.
- Receive and relay messages. Provide callers with general company information (i.e., company address, directions to the company location, website) and other related information.
- Field questions and inform guests of the day’s events and their room locations and assist the Engagement team as needed for daily events.
- Coordinate the pickup and delivery of mail and shipping services (USPS, FedEx, UPS, couriers); sort and scan mail to remote employees.
- Assist the Office Administrator with maintaining and restocking reception area, supply rooms, conference rooms, staff café, and kitchen.
- Work closely with the operations team to assist with COVID-19 protocols and screening platforms for staff and visitors.
- Support operations team in management of workspace reservation platform and phone platform (Zoom phones).
- Liaise with building management for guest arrivals.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of customer service and/or administrative experience, preferably with an international organization, NGO, or nonprofit.
- Superior communication skills: candidate must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of staff, board members, and VIPs clearly, inclusively, and thoroughly.
- Ability to multitask in a fluid, dynamic environment.
- Strong demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Excellent organizational, logistical, and administrative skills.
- Commitment to Atlantic Council values supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Poised, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Position is not eligible for remote work as duties require physical presence at the front desk.
- Interest in international relations or international policy is a plus.
All Atlantic Council employees are required to adhere to the Atlantic Council’s vaccination policy. All Atlantic Council employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted, and they must submit proof of both vaccination and COVID-19 booster shot on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement through human resources and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Eligibility to work in the United States is confirmed with E-Verify; employment at the Atlantic Council is eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF). Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.