The Atlantic Council seeks a professional, energetic, and reliable Front Desk Receptionist and Administrative Assistant to perform reception responsibilities, welcome visitors, and provide administrative support to the Office of Finance and Operations. The Receptionist will be the first point of contact for our organization and the main representative that our guests will encounter when visiting our office.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively, perform general administrative tasks, and enjoy a fast-paced, diverse, and international culture. They will take initiative and be able to multi-task. The position requires a previous history of excellent administrative and communication skills.
- Greet and direct visitors in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Professionally administer all incoming calls and direct the caller to the appropriate staff member. Receive and relay messages.
- Field questions and inform guests of the day’s events and their room locations, and assist the events team as needed.
- Provide callers with general company information i.e., company address, directions to the company location, website, and other related information.
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of mail and shipping services (USPS, FedEx, UPS, couriers); sort and scan mail to remote employees.
- Assist with maintaining and restocking reception area, supply rooms, conference rooms, staff café, and kitchen.
- Assist with administrative functions for finance, administration, operations, human resources, information technology, and security team.
- Work closely with the operations team to assist with COVID-19 protocols and screening platforms for staff and visitors.
- Support operations team in management of newly implemented workspace reservation platform.
- Liaise with building management for guest arrivals.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of customer service and/or administrative experience, preferably with an international organization, NGO, or nonprofit.
- Superior communication skills: candidate must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of staff, board members, and senior government and diplomatic officials.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong, demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Excellent organizational, logistical, and administrative skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Position is not eligible for remote work as duties require physical presence at the front desk;
- Interest in international relations or international policy is a plus.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. #strongwithallies