Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Category: Staff
The Atlantic Council seeks a talented, motivated, and creative video producer and project manager to join our team. This person will oversee the production process for a wide range of videos, including social media videos, sizzle reels, promotional videos, and longform interview series.
The ideal candidate will have good editorial judgment, creativity, flexibility, and a strong interest in foreign affairs and international news. They will have strong written and oral communications skills and understand innately what makes a good story and how to distill complex information into a digestible format. They will be highly organized with strong attention to detail, and an ability to multitask and prioritize across overlapping deadlines.
This position is based in our Washington DC headquarters on a hybrid schedule. Pay is commensurate with experience, education, and organizational equity, with offers starting at $65,000.
- The producer will manage the logistics and content of video output through every step of the process. They will work with internal and external clients to get work done.
- Develop production plans, including timelines with deadlines and cost estimates for projects.
- Hire contractors and manage contractor relationships.
- Produce video interviews on location and virtually.
- Write scripts and questions for videos and series.
- Pitch ideas and oversee pre-production, production and post-production of videos.
- Edit videos for distribution across multiple platforms.
- Produce news analysis videos for social media.
- Innovate our video work. Work closely with programs and centers to generate ideas for new formats and specific videos along with strategies to execute them.
- Commission graphics and source b-roll, music, and other production elements.
- The ideal candidate must have three years of experience in video production.
- Passion for digital media and journalism and its fast-paced approach to content production.
- Video editing using Adobe Premiere. After Effects experience preferred.
- Interest in politics, policy and international affairs.
- Strong research and writing skills, organizational skills, news judgement, and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with senior officials, scholars, journalists, staff, and interns. Ability to explain video production to people who are unfamiliar with the process.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Familiarity with YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Twitter, and other video and digital media platforms.
- Filming experience preferred.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent.
All Atlantic Council employees are required to adhere to the Atlantic Council’s vaccination policy. All Atlantic Council employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted, and they must submit proof of both vaccination and COVID-19 booster shot on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement through human resources and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Eligibility to work in the United Stated is confirmed with E-Verify; employment at the Atlantic Council is eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).