Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority Level: Experienced
Job Category: Staff
The Atlantic Council seeks a passionate, motivated, and creative Videographer/Editor to join our team. This person will work on the Atlantic Council’s wide range of video products, from social media videos and explainers to hour-long interviews and events, from promo videos to documentaries. They will also be key in developing new formats and original programming.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking on video projects and executing them from start to finish, working with stakeholders from around the organization and externally. They should be an excellent video storyteller, with great ideas, who is constantly looking for ways to improve the content. They should have an ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines, working quickly and creatively.
This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters.
- Produce video projects, both independently and with colleagues from across the Atlantic Council.
- Film interviews and b-roll, record remote interviews, source video from several platforms.
- Edit videos creatively on tight deadlines.
- Respond quickly to breaking news and last-minute video requests, as well as plan long-term, high-impact projects.
- Pitch innovative ideas and new projects daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to film interviews, including multi-camera set ups, and b-roll. Experience with a variety of video equipment including cameras, microphones, lighting, lenses, and tripods.
- Familiarity with virtual recording platforms.
- Experience editing in Adobe Premiere and After Effects; motion graphics experience preferred.
- Creative and an inherent storyteller with strong attention to detail.
- Interest in and curiosity about international affairs.
- Poise and professionalism in a fluid, dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including the ability to identify and work through challenges, underscored by strong judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Skilled in clear, persuasive, and effective communications with various stakeholders with senior officials, scholars, journalists, staff, and interns.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multi-step, detail-oriented projects in a fluid environment.
- Familiarity with YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, and other digital platforms
All Atlantic Council employees are required to adhere to the Atlantic Council’s vaccination policy. All Atlantic Council employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted, and they must submit proof of both vaccination and COVID-19 booster shot on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement through human resources and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Eligibility to work in the United States is confirmed with E-Verify; employment at the Atlantic Council is eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF). Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.