Shaping the global future together
The Atlantic Council has developed a unique and bespoke program that provides membership for individuals seeking to further engage with the organization and our sixteen programs and centers. Our members are accomplished professionals who come from a variety of different backgrounds and professions including media, education, business, and government. Our members embody the Atlantic Council’s mission and truly emphasize the prestige, dedication, and success of our community. The program serves to connect global-thought leaders with curated and tailored programming featuring the latest foreign policy and global issues.
Throughout the years, the Atlantic Council has afforded its members the opportunity to engage in dynamic events that transcended barriers, even in a period that limited our ability to come together. We have engaged members by hosting numerous in-person, private roundtables on important and developing global topics, including:
- A private dinner and discussion of an era of great power competition in Southampton.
- Cocktail hour and panel discussion with Sotheby’s on the intersection between contemporary art and geopolitics.
- Private receptions and dinners in New York and Washington, DC.
- VIP breakfast featuring Atlantic Council President and CEO, Frederick Kempe in New York.
- A private dinner and panel on the future of digital currencies and art hosted at the home of a member of the Councilors Program.
- A panel discussion and reception regarding sustainability and net zero targets—in partnership with Goldman Sachs.
In addition, throughout the pandemic we have been able to adapt programming to include virtual roundtables and fireside chats, such as:
- Coronavirus and the economy in partnership with the Atlantic Council GeoEconomics Center.
- Coronavirus and Russia with Ambassador Dan Fried, Former United States Ambassador to Poland and Weiser Family Distinguished Fellow.
- Great power competition in the age of the pandemic: A conversation with Ambassador Paula Dobriansky, Former United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland.
- Disinformation in the age of the pandemic: A conversation co-hosted with the Atlantic Council Digital Forensic Research Lab.
- The coronavirus in the Middle East: A conversation co-hosted with the Atlantic Council Scowcroft Middle East Security Initiative.
- Cybersecurity and the election with experts from the Atlantic Council Cyber Security Initiative.
- The 2020 Election: A conversation with former Acting Director of the CIA, Michael Morell.
- Counterterrorism in the world today in partnership with the Scowcroft Middle East Security Initiative.
- A conversation with on denuclearization in North Korea with Alex Wong, Deputy Special Representative for North Korea and the Deputy Assistant Secretary for North Korea, United States Department of State—in partnership with the Atlantic Council Asia Security Initiative.
- A briefing on the collapse of US Strategy in Afghanistan with Alex Zerdan, Former Financial Attaché to Afghanistan, United States Department of the Treasury.
We look forward to not only continuing but expanding this engagement to include more in-person, hybrid, and virtual events for our members. If you share a commitment to our mission of “shaping the global future together” and are looking to join a high-level group of dedicated individuals who act as advocates for the Atlantic Council’s work around the globe, we welcome you to become a member!
Annual membership benefits
The Atlantic Council offers a variety of different membership levels and benefits to engage further with our extensive body of work. You can view the different membership options below and how you can further join us to support our mission.
Friend of the Council
- Invitation to all public events throughout the Atlantic Council’s sixteen programs and centers through our weekly events newsletter, The Week Ahead.
- Invitation to monthly Private Member Briefings featuring intimate and in-depth conversations with experts on the latest, rapidly developing global issues.
- Invitation to annual spring networking reception in Washington, DC.
- Invitation to annual autumn event in New York, NY.
- Invitation to annual end-of-year holiday partner and member event.
- Electronic subscription to a weekly Inflection Points newsletter from Atlantic Council President and CEO, Frederick Kempe, featuring analysis and thought-leadership on current global geopolitical issues and challenges.
- Electronic subscription to Members Priority Access, a weekly newsletter including a digest of invitations to upcoming public and private events, as well as written pieces from our Atlantic Council experts.
- Electronic subscription to Fast Thinking, a weekly newsletter featuring rapid insight from Atlantic Council experts on global issues as they unfold.
- Acknowledgement on the Atlantic Council website and on our Donor Honor Roll in the annual report.
*Individuals who are students or public sector employees will be offered a discounted rate of $2,500
- All the member benefits at the Friend of the Council level.
- Introductory welcome gift.
- Invitation to quarterly signature Councilor events. Past events have included a private breakfast with Atlantic Council President and CEO, Frederick Kempe, private dinner in Southampton, and cocktail reception at Sotheby’s.
- Exclusive ability to include Councilor designation on LinkedIn and personal profiles.
- Exclusive access to Councilors LinkedIn member’s page and network.
- Inclusion on Atlantic Council Member webpage.
- Advance notice to purchase tickets at a 20 percent discount for the annual Distinguished Leadership Awards in Washington, DC.
- All the member benefits at the Councilor level.
- Exclusive invitation to one private event of a programmatic interest per year.
- One private meeting with Atlantic Council Program and Center Directors regarding foreign policy issues per year.
- Advance notice to purchase tickets at a 70 percent discount for the annual Distinguished Leadership Awards in Washington, DC.
- All the member benefits at the Partner level.
- Up to three private meetings with Atlantic Council Program and Center Directors regarding foreign policy issues per year.
- Exclusive invitation to the General Reception at the Distinguished Leadership Awards.
- Two seats at the Distinguished Leadership Awards in Washington, DC.*
*Seats only available to those providing general support to the Atlantic Council.
How to Join
If you are interested in furthering your engagement with the Atlantic Council and want to continue our mission of shaping the global future together, we encourage you to join us. You can join by clicking the button under the membership level you are interested in and completing our membership payment options.
Additional information for membership:
- Contact information
- Assistant contact information (if applicable)
- Organization affiliation*
*Required only for Councilor level or above.
If you would like any further information regarding membership and benefits, or would like to get involved, please contact us.