Foreign Ministers of Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, North Macedonia, Turkey, Poland Among Speakers to Participate in Full Day Event
Media Registration Open — RSVP Required
Washington and Munich (April 2, 2019) — Vice President Mike Pence and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg are among those confirmed to speak at “NATO Engages: The Alliance at 70,” a major summit hosted by the Atlantic Council, German Marshall Fund, and Munich Security Conference— in partnership with NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division— on Wednesday, April 3. In conjunction with NATO ministerial meetings in Washington, the summit will bring together NATO leaders, European and U.S. officials, and foreign policy and defense experts for a day of discussion on the state and future of the NATO alliance on its 70th anniversary.
“NATO Engages” will take place on Wednesday, April 3 from 9:00AM – 5:45 PM EST at The Anthem in Washington, DC.
All print and broadcast media wishing to attend must RSVP via email to the media relations leads below to request a credential. The venue can accommodate camera crews, further instructions will be provided upon RSVP.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Madeleine K. Albright, Chair, Albright Stonebridge Group
- Jacek Czaputowicz, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Poland
- Nikola Dimitrov, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of North Macedonia
- Giorgos Katrougalos, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hellenic Republic
- Linas Linkevičius, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Lithuania
- Edgars Rinkēvičs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Latvia
- Mevlüt Çavusoglu, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Turkey
- David Zalkaliani, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Georgia
- Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze, Vice Prime Minister, Ukraine
- Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT), Committee on Foreign Relations, U.S. Senate
- Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Co-Chair, Senate NATO Observer Group, United States Senate
- Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO), Member, Committee on Armed Services, United States Senate
- Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), Member, Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe, United States Senate
- Rep. Mike Turner (R-OH), Member, Committee on Armed Services, United States House of Representatives
- Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA), Committee on Foreign Affairs, U.S. House of Representatives; Chairman, U.S. Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly
- Karen Donfried, President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman, Munich Security Conference
- Frederick Kempe, President and CEO, Atlantic Council
- More to be announced in the coming days
Updates can also be found at https://nato-engages.org/. The event will also be livestreamed.
WHAT: NATO ENGAGES: The Alliance at 70; hosted by the Atlantic Council, German Marshall Fund, and Munich Security Conference WHEN: Wednesday, April 3, 2018; 9:00AM–5:45PM EST WHERE: The Anthem // 901 Wharf Street SW, Washington, DC
RSVP: Respond to the media relations contacts below
Media Relations Contacts:
Sydney Simon The German Marshall Fund firstname.lastname@example.org // 202–680–2648 (o); 770–712–8104 (m)
Nicole Meir Atlantic Council email@example.com