Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority Level: Experienced
Job Category: Staff
The Atlantic Council seeks a talented, customer service-oriented and entrepreneurial Audiovisual Manager to manage the audiovisual for events with the Council’s multiple programs and centers to ensure a cohesive aesthetic for Council productions. The Audiovisual Manager will communicate with Director of Audiovisual, Event Coordinators and other contractors on how to best achieve the Council’s technical objectives for a variety of in-house and outsourced productions, events, and meetings. The scope of work may include annual flagship and global events, such as the Distinguished Leadership Awards, Global Citizen Awards, 360/OS Summit, Abu Dhabi Global Energy Forum, and other major events as well as support for a high volume of in-house hybrid and virtual productions and meetings. This position requires a firm understanding of audiovisual equipment, event & broadcast production, visual aesthetics, and project management.
The position is in Washington, DC, and requires participation in evening events. International travel may be included.
- Provide onsite audiovisual management for flagship events by arranging production elements that includes but are not limited to program feed production/distribution, stage construction, lighting design, interpretation, and teleprompters
- Run technical rehearsals with event production team.
- Manage technical operations and creative development for virtual and hybrid studio events, including operation of video switchers, audio mixers, robotic cameras, video routers, lighting and livestreaming support.
- When applicable, format event videos and/or other vendor content immediately following events for editing and/or posting on AC website and social media platforms.
- Assist in the search for and management of AV contractors and ensure the Council’s desired technical and broadcast goals are met.
- Coordinate with event staff on AV contracts, content management, and other consultation throughout the event process as needed.
- Support event managers on AV contracts following events to ensure all charges are in order and invoices are paid.
Audio Visual System
- Operate and manage a comprehensive audiovisual system for multiple conference spaces in HQ and offsite as needed.
- Work with Director of Audiovisual to maintain a high-level of execution for 500+ in-house events per year.
- Communicate with the appropriate Event Coordinator and responsible Program Lead on AV needs for all events.
- Manage variety of vendors for livestreaming, interpretation, and production depending on size and scope of event.
- Test and monitor connections with outside partners and speakers.
Meeting Room Management
- Collaborate with the Audiovisual Team to be a technical resource for staff and guests in HQ meeting rooms.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience with audiovisual management.
- B.A. degree required in communications or a technical or related field highly desired.
- Experience with the following preferred: Blackmagic, Adobe Creative Suite, Wirecast, Zoom, Dante and YouTube.
- Experience in audio, lighting, or video operation.
- Basic knowledge of livestreaming.
- Basic Windows and Mac troubleshooting skills strongly desired.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail with ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design.
- Skilled in clear, persuasive, and effective communications (verbal and written) in English with various stakeholders.
- Excellent and proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team across the organization.
- Intercultural experience, and background and interest in international affairs and policy desired.
All Atlantic Council employees are required to adhere to the Atlantic Council’s vaccination policy. All Atlantic Council employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted, and they must submit proof of both vaccination and COVID-19 booster shot on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement through human resources and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
Please note: The Atlantic Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The Atlantic Council believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as a global organization and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. For more information, check out our Talent DEI Statement or connect with us at [email protected]. Eligibility to work in the United States is confirmed with E-Verify; employment at the Atlantic Council is eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF). Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.