Nonresident Senior Fellow, Dinu Patriciu Eurasia Center
TopicsEuropean Energy Security, Global Business & Economics, Technology, US Energy Policy
Read Full Bio
- October 16, 2017Ukraine’s halting but steady climb toward becoming a just and smart European nation will take a giant leap forward if major health care reforms are adopted this week.Health care is always a contentious issue in any country and one need…
- October 11, 2017A Bloomberg piece in October titled “Why Catalonia Will Fail Where Crimea Succeeded” by Russian writer Leonid Bershidsky is an example of moral equivalence run amok.He compares two completely unrelated events—referenda in Crimea and Catalonia—as though they bear any similarity,…
- September 29, 2017Ukraine’s future rests on whether its judicial reforms will bring about the rule of law for the first time in its history, or whether political influence continues to contaminate its system. It appears the latter is the case.Today, 111 new…
- September 07, 2017In the 1930s, Joseph Stalin committed crimes against humanity by purposely starving to death more than four million Ukrainians for resisting his Five-Year Plan to collectivize agriculture.Millions more fled and in 1937, Stalin executed or imprisoned hundreds of thousands of…
- July 28, 2017Hours after Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko stripped Mikheil Saakashvili of his citizenship to silence him, the former president of Georgia was on CNN in New York City badmouthing the oligarchy.Poroshenko’s latest attack on the anti-corruption movement will backfire as Saakashvili…
Ms. Francis is an expert on Silicon Valley, future technology, geopolitics, energy, business, and white collar crime, and has written ten books covering government corruption, business fraud, money laundering, politics, immigration, and economics. Her most recent book, Merger of the Century: Why Canada and America Should Become One Country, posits that both countries should combine in order to combat Russia, China, and the Asian Tigers' emerging economies
She has traveled and covered major news events including the fall of the Berlin Wall, the dismantling of the Soviet Union, Ukraine's Orange Revolution, the biggest boiler room stock fraud in Amsterdam, Mandela's ascension to power in South Africa, the Colombian cocaine trade, and the Quebec referendum on separation from Canada, to name some highlights.
She divides her time between New York City and Toronto, where she is active on various charitable and corporate boards.