Sarwar Kashmeri, a nonresident senior fellow with the Atlantic Council’s International Security Program, interviewed Andrew Bacecvich, Professor of International Relations and History at Boston University, for the New Atlanticist Podcast Series. Bacevich discussed the recent election results in Afghanistan and the future of NATO’s mission in the country.
- Afghanistan Report: A Ten-Year Framework for the Future
- Pakistan Report: Comprehensive U.S. Policy Needed
- Alliance Reborn: An Atlantic Compact for the 21st Century
- Saving Afghanistan: An Appeal and Plan for Urgent Action
- Ashraf Ghani: Rescuing Legitimacy in Afghanistan
- NATO Secretary General Rasmussen: First Major U.S. Speech
- Senator Richard Lugar: Congressional Perspective on the Future of NATO
- New Atlanticist Roundtable: Transatlantic Alliance
- General Casey: Complex Operations and Counterinsurgency
- General Craddock: The Future of NATO, Afghanistan Operations
- Afghanistan’s Future: A Conversation with Ashraf Ghani
- Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Obama: Discussions on the New Strategy
- General David McKiernan Speaks at Council’s Commanders Series
- Kai Eide Discusses Afghanistan
Analysis and Commentary:
- Afghanistan: Implementation Trumps Planning
- Critical Decision Point in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: Not a Question of Dither or Decide
- Electoral Transparency in Afghanistan
- Rajon Menon Afghanistan Elections Interview
- Peter Galbraith Afghanistan Elections Interview
- While Obama Dithers
- Afghanistan: A Modest Case for Dithering
- Where is Richard Holbrooke on Afghanistan?
- Common Sense and COIN in Afghanistan
- Beware False Choices
- Galbraith Fired, Refused to Hide Afghanistan Election Fraud
- Afghanistan Election: Now What?
- Shaukat Aziz Calls for Multi-Party Dialogue in Afghanistan
- Stakes are Higher in Pakistan than Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: Barriers to State Building
- Rasmussen: “Things Are Going to Have to Change” in Afghanistan
- Obama Having Buyer’s Remorse in Afghanistan?
- Afghanistan: Barriers to Success
- NATO Can Survive Afghanistan Failure
- Afghanistan, Vietnam, and the Limits of Force
- Why Do the Afghans Need Our Help?
- Afghanistan: Putting Lipstick on a Pig
- Afghanistan Election Winner
- Rasmussen: Afghanistan NATO’s Top Priority