The Young Atlanticist Network held a live international videoconference with students in Egypt and Morocco on the issue of engagin Iran in public diplomacy. The event was co-hosted with Americans for Informed Democracy at the Atlantic Council’s offices in Washington, D.C., and also involved students from Colombia University in New York. Discussion topics included cultural perceptions and misperceptions as well as other pressing issues between the two communities.
The goal of the video conference was to share ideas and perspectives on diplomacy and Iran, and to promote practical ways for young leaders to take action in engaging Iranians.
- Brooke Heaton – Assistant Director, Young Atlanticist Program
- ATA Hosts NATO SecGen and German Chancellor Merkel
- Ashraf Ghani on Fixing Failed States
- Young Atlanticist Summit in Bucharest
Related Commentary on New Atlanticist Blog:
- Russia and Iran’s Proposed Gas Cartel – Neil Leslie