Job Location: Atlantic Council Headquarters – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
Job Category: Executive Office
The Atlantic Council’s seeks a smart, organized and experienced executive assistant who has a proven record of efficiency, task-management and results orientation to play a key role as the right hand to the President and CEO of one of America’s leading international policy organizations. Proven skills required include appointment scheduling, travel organization, office management and high-level administrative skills as required by a fast-paced executive office. International experience, language ability and strong writing and communication skills required.
The successful candidate will be mature, emotionally intelligent, discreet, collegial, engaging, reliable, exceptionally organized and have a deep knowledge of, and interest in, international relations. Strong writing and editing skills are required. International language ability helpful.
- Organize executive schedule and travel, domestic and international.
- Coordinate management lunches, dinners, and meetings.
- Manage CEO’s agenda so that meetings are well-prepared and on schedule.
- Track CEO projects and help prioritize action items.
- Coordinate with Office of External Relations on board and development activities.
- Serve as CEO liaison for internal and external offices.
- Draft, edit, and proofread correspondence.
- Organize and consolidate briefing material for meetings and public appearances.
- Maintain filing system, both physical and digital. Maintain contacts database.
- BA or MA in international relations, business, journalism or related field;
- Three years or more of relevant office work experience;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to edit and to write quickly and clearly;
- Positive, flexible, get-it-done attitude;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, often changing environment;
- Ability to work independently and within a team across the organization.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office; and superior internet skills
- Proven experience in executive office operations;
- Professional presence, including effectively interfacing w/ senior government and business leaders;
- Multi-cultural experience, background and interest in international affairs and policy preferred;
- Willingness and ability to work on late evenings or weekends, as required;
- Non-English language fluency helpful;
The position is located in Washington, DC, and requires participation in evening events and weekend events and occasional international travel. The Atlantic Council offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Diversity is a core value.P
Please note: Atlantic Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Atlantic Council is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Thank you for your interest in the Atlantic Council.