WASHINGTON, DC- The Atlantic Council announced today the launch and inaugural members of its nomination-only Councilors Program, an initiative aimed at convening a results-oriented group of private sector leaders dedicated to more actively exploring and acting on issues at the intersection of business, foreign policy, and politics that will shape the global future.
“This new program is aimed at galvanizing the capabilities and dedication of unique individuals in the private sector who wish to be more deeply involved in shaping the future,” said Frederick Kempe, President and CEO of the Atlantic Council. “This program will bring together individuals who understand that the most crucial challenges we face, ranging from environmental threats to the manifold matters of national security and geo-economics, will require more intensive public-private engagement.”
The Atlantic Council has at the same time announced as the program’s co-chairs, former US Treasury diplomat Michael Greenwald and Catherine Kolimas of Goldman Sachs. Greenwald serves as a senior advisor to the President and CEO of the Atlantic Council and is a senior vice president of Tiedemann Advisors, a global asset management investment firm. He was previously the first United States Treasury Attaché to Qatar and Kuwait and US Treasury’s policy adviser for Europe.
Kolimas is a vice president in the Global Industrial Group at Goldman, Sachs, & Co., where she advises transportation companies that sit at the cross-section of international business strategy and macroeconomic forces. She was selected as a 2019 Atlantic Council Millennium Fellow, a highly competitive initiative whose purpose is to identify and then advance individuals who will be at the forefront of the next generation of global leaders.
The inaugural members of the Councilors Program, listed below, bring together a unique group of individuals, chosen through a selection process that focuses on professional excellence and a commitment to advancing constructive US leadership and engagement in the world alongside friends and allies. Councilors will participate in specially designed programming aimed at both advancing their understanding and engagement on crucial policy issues – while at the same time offering a broader engagement in all aspects of the Atlantic Council’s work.
The initial focus of the program will be on New York and Washington, though members may be nominated from anywhere in the world. For more information or to apply to the Councilors’ Program, individuals can contact Hannah Price at [email protected].
Members of the Councilors Program include:
- Mohamed el Beih, Senior Managing Director, The Blackstone Group
- Chris Casciato, Managing Director, Lightyear Capital
- James Coleman, Managing Partner, Hanley Advisors, LLC
- Joshua Danial, Associate, BloombergNEF
- Michael Greenwald, Senior Vice President, Tiedemann Advisors
- Morgan Hitzig, Director of Global Operations, Dataminr; U.S. Navy Reserves
- Elizabeth Kabler, Trustee, Sunnylands
- Catherine Kolimas, Investment Banker, Global Industrials, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Roger Krakoff, Managing Partner, Cloud Capital Partners
- Lauren Mason, Director, Healthcote Capital Management
- Kent Regens, Managing Director, Elm Park Minerals, LP
- Lawrence Rogow, Chairman, Venture Technologies Group, LLC
- Stefan Selig, Managing Partner, BridgePark Advisors LLC; Former Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, US Department of Commerce
- Robert P. Silvers, Partner, Litigation Department, Paul Hastings; Former Assistant Secretary for Cyber Policy, US Department of Homeland Security