This ten-minute long video launches the first episode of the new GeoTech Vlog, which aims to gather expert voices in a short video blog format. The GeoTech Vlog will bring a new episode of interviews every month, with a focus on how data and technologies are changing geopolitics and the way we live. The vlog will also study how societies can use data and technology to strive for a more prosperous and peaceful world.
In this first episode, the GeoTech Center hosts its two Commission Co-Chairs, Teresa Carlson, Vice President of Worldwide Public Sector at Amazon Web Services, and John Goodman, Chief Executive Officer at Accenture Federal Services.
The two co-chairs inaugurate the GeoTech Vlog by describing their work at the head of the GeoTech Commission, as they navigate an era of significant change while leveraging the infinite possibilities offered by technology and data. In this first episode, the two co-chairs respond to the following questions:
- What is the GeoTech Commission, and what does it embody for you as co-chair?
- How do we navigate between the public and private sectors when addressing technology’s opportunities?
- Why is it important to mobilize leaders and organizations?
- What will be key to getting this right and creating a path for the future?
- How has the pandemic affected trends in tech, the future of work, and the future of data?
Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Chief Executive Officer
Accenture Federal Services
Dr. David Bray
Director, GeoTech Center
Championing new technologies and data to benefit people, prosperity, and peace.