Veterans Advanced Energy Fellows (VAEF) serve as peer mentors, advocates, and spokespeople for other veterans, reservists, and military spouses working to solidify the advanced energy connection to national security and grow veteran employment in the green economy. VAEF fellows are veterans, reservists, and military spouses committed to advanced energy, the energy transition, and veteran community engagement. Fellows represent all major branches of the US armed forces, work across the advanced energy industry, and are based around the country.
This one-year program provides a select group of high-performing, high-potential leaders with:
- Policy training in energy diplomacy, markets, and technology
- Skills training such as public speaking, op-ed writing, and entrepreneurship
- Mentorship from senior national security and energy leaders in the Atlantic Council network
- Participation in high-profile settings, including Atlantic Council events
- Opportunities to submit pieces for publication in the Global Energy Center blog and other external outlets
- Exposure to cutting-edge, fast-growing energy and clean tech companies